Monday, November 2, 2020

Merry Christmas tag

Hello. Decided to play in the Christmas Tag Monday Simon Says Stamp challenge. I had already stamped the new Holiday floral stamp onto water color paper and heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder. However, the embossing powder flubbed up a bit in a section. So, I decided to cut it down into a tag to play in the challenge.


You can see in the top left hand corner the smudge of embossing powder on the leaf of the poinsettia. I used Daniel Smith water colors on this - I had purchased a swatch of basic colors at my LSS. That is now in the trash, as I spilled water all over it and all the colors bled into one another. Bummer! I finished off the blue by using a Tombow marker. 

I splatted this with white gouache paint that has been watered down and then spritzed it with shimmer spritz. In real life it sparkles and is really pretty.  Seam binding is colored with Copic's for the bow at the top of the tag.  Tag die is from MFT Stamps.

The Merry Christmas sentiment is from Hero Arts. 


1 comment:

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Laurie, I would not be able to give it away!