Monday, November 9, 2020

Waxed paper embossing folder resist

Hello. It's my turn to share a project of the week. I'm doing a technique this week using waxed paper, an embossing folder and an iron to do a resist.





This technique is so fun! Basically, you take a piece of waxed paper and emboss it using an embossing folder, then iron it onto a piece of cardstock and ink it up. I used color fuse ink cubes from Rubbernecker direct to paper to color the background. But you could use blending brushes, blending foam or whatever you wanted to color with. I did a light and a dark version. 

I inked up the solid maple leaf, then fussy cut it out to tuck it behind each of the sentiment panels on the cards. The burlap like material is actually a wide ribbon that I wrapped around the panel before taping it down.

Ok - that's it for now. Have a great day! 

No comments: