Saturday, July 20, 2019

Happy Christmas

Hello. Playing in the Freshly Made Sketch challenge today (which I rotated) and I also paired it with the TGIF challenge of Christmas in July.


This card gave me fits trying to get a good photo of it. In real life it sparkles - and it was so hard to capture that.

I used broken china distress oxide ink on the snowflakes and the marbled watercolor paper in the background. The snowflakes also got a layer of blue pearl embossing powder from Hero Arts. I really like how it gives them a pearl/metallic look. Added a rhinestone to the centers for more bling. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday. Snowflake embossing folder is from Sizzix. Navy cardstock is used as a base and to layer the watercolor panels.

Thanks for dropping in.

  

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - catching the sparkle in card is really hard to do. Another one to add to your Christmas collection for this year.

Kim S said...

Such gorgeous blues - and fabulous sparkle!! LOVE your trio of snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

These colors are just beautiful! I can see some of your sparkle and it is pretty! Sometimes I think that the photography is the hardest part of cardmaking, lol. So glad you could join us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh I love the blue and your snowflakes do sparkle and shine. I love it all. Thanks for linking up with our Christmas in July challenge at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Those snowflakes are delightful! Beautifully chilling on those heat wave days. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.