Monday, August 26, 2019

Adventure

Hello everyone. It's my turn to create the project of the week at The House That Stamps Built. Here is what I came up with.

I used the Ranger Emboss it dabber to get a layer of embossing ink onto the kraft cardstock. Then I added clear embossing powder (about three layers) and finally a layer of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. While it was still melty, I stamped the boot prints into it to get a good impression. I left it there for maybe 15 seconds and gently pulled it out. This left me with some really cool impressions of the boots. I dabbed on a little black ink to create some dirt in the treads.  The kraft cardstock and the clear embossing kind of reminded me of sand.

Here is a close up so that you can see the impressions.

For the sentiment - I did a partial. Used the Adventure n: on the front and the rest on the inside.

This technique is an oldie, but a goodie. I had forgotten about it but saw something come up on social media regarding it and thought it would really be cool with the boot stamps from Repeat Impressions.

Left boot: 2720-G
Right boot: 2721-G
Sentiment: 5810-E

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Glittered Paws said...

Nice - I had forgotten about this technique - and about UTEE powder, I still have quite a lot. The boot prints were perfect. Great tutorial.