Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge - Wreaths x2

Hi everyone! I had a little time and decided to make a card for this month's PTI blog hop, wreaths. In fact, I made two! Had a bit of inspiration on the first card below.


I used one of the new Poppy stamps die to create the wreath. I first cut a circle inside a circle with a circle nestie and then cut the leaves off and glued them onto the circle. I added a few pieces of foam tape on the back to give it a bit of dimension. The berries are made with a hole punch. I colored a length of white satin mini ribbon with a Copic red marker for the bow. Added the sentiment from PTI and then popped it up on a rustic cream card base.

This second card was actually the first one I made, but thought it was a little too blah!


I used the Wreath for all season stamp set from PTI and stamped the grape vine wreath and the sentiment in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. The berries were added by hand using the fired brick distress marker.

Lastly, I added a few lines of embossing along the perimeter and then popped it onto a brown card base. Definitely clean and simple!

Which one do you like best?

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

Shay said...

Fantastic wreath cards, Laurie! I love how striking they are.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards - I love the simple elegance of the second one!

Tammy said...

Really like both wreaths! The second wreath is very elegant!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so lovely!

Angie said...

I love wreath cards, I think they are my favorite for most holidays. I love both of these and the time you took to glue those leaves wow! Both are beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Fantastic cards! I especially love the bold colors and dimension on the first.

Lindsey said...

Fantastic cards! I especially love the bold colors and dimension on the first.

Kristii said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I love them both!

nancy said...

Both are wonderful cards, Laurie. My favorite is the second. It's simplicity is drawing me in.

victoria h said...

lovely cards