Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Autumn leaves

Hello. Playing in the 500th Freshly Made Sketch challenge today. 


On the main panel in the background I used the leaf stencil from Echo Park Paper and embossed it onto the paper. It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but in real life, it adds a bit more dimension.

The leaf dies are from Simon Says Stamp. I blended some distress ink onto bristol paper then cut them out. I went back and added some black ink directly onto the die and ran them through my die cut machine to give the veins a bit more POP.  Sentiment is from Raisin Boat stamps (sadly no longer around).  The moss green cardstock is from Paper Pizazz. 

As most of you know who follow my blog, I generally play along with Freshly Made Sketch challenges. I was even honored to be a guest designer once. So, I'm super excited for the big #500 and the companies who have generously donated prizes.  Thanks for the awesome sketches and the inspiration from all of the design team over the last decade!

Thanks,


5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

These leaves are gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing! I love that the embossed background adds some great texture too. Thanks for joining our 500th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I love these bright fall leaves! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

I love your beautiful fall leaves - SO perfect with the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with our 500th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karren said...

Your leaves look wonderful, Laurie, and I really love the subtle embossing in the background. Such a gorgeous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous fall design! I just love these pretty leaves. Thanks so much for joining us for this 500th celebration at Freshly Made Sketches.