Monday, April 27, 2020

Project of the week - colored pencils on kraft

Hello! It's my turn over at The House That Stamps Built to feature a project of the week. I'm using my Prismacolor pencils to color on kraft cardstock.


I stamped the tulip vase in versamark ink, then heat embossed it in fine detail white embossing powder. I chose to use shades of blue for the vase and then pinks and green for the tulips. I also used the blender pencil to blend the colors.


 To get the highlights on the vase, I used the white pencil to add some "light" and then blended.


Here is a close up of the finished design. I ended up using deep navy cardstock to layer everything. I like how well it set off the finished vase of tulips.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - I haven't tied this is a long time - may have to get pencil sharpener out.

Cheryl said...

Very lovely. I love the look of pencils on kraft.