Monday, September 10, 2007

Card Sketch #19

Have you ever done a piece of art work for a card, but it just didn't fit? Then put the piece away to do something with it at a later time? I have several piece laying around like that! This is one I did a while ago, when I got my first set of alcohol inks. I was playing around and doing a bit of embossing resist and this is what came out. I actually had three dragonflies on here at first, but had to cut one of them off to fit this sketch. Ya, I know the rule of three, but this has to be an exception to that rule....:-)

Stamps used: The dragonfly stamp is from Stamps by Judith (I've had this stamp forever and it's one of my favorites...I just love dragonflies) and the sentiment is by The Angel Company.

Alcohol inks used: Lettuce and pesto blended with the blending solution.

Cardstock is from Bazzill (olive green) and DCWV (black). I inked the edges of the sentiment so that it would stand out a bit. I did a bit of paper piercing in the corners to add further dimension.

Inks used: Palette Noir and Versamark
Clear embossing powder

No comments: