Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Card Sketch #21



Hello from the beautiful state of Colorado. I'm here for a 14 day training stint and brought my laptop (which is work related) and my flash drive (which isn't) that I pre-loaded my sketch designs and cards into before I left Seattle. Glad to leave the rain behind for the sunshine and 80 degree weather here.

Ok, here is sketch number 21. It has lots of possibilities, but I went a little nuts with the red and white dots. You see, I've had this paper for it feels like forever, and decided to finally use it. I wanted to do something with it for Valentines day last year, but it just wasn't coming together for me. Now, I think it works, sorta.



The rose is colored with prismacolor pencils and OMS and is from The Angel Company. I used my circle punch to punch out the rose and then cut a scalloped circle out of red cardstock and added some dots around the perimeter using my white gel pen. Then I used the giga scalloped punch and added the red dots using my red glaze gel pen. I popped both scalloped circles up with dimensionals. The red ribbon down the side came out very dark in the picture but everything does coordinate in a red and white sort of way!

Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

BEAUTIFUL card! WOW

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Laurie this is so pretty, and the patterned dotted paper goes great with the rose ~ Jovi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card I love red and roses. Mary