Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Card Sketch #17



Imagine....It's September already (can you believe it?)! Where does the time fly? Summer was over way too quickly for me! However, I do enjoy the colors of fall and they seem to be coming in rapidly.

Here is a small square card sketch (4x4) that was fun to whip up.

Background stamp is the new SU sanded, done with Palette starry night ink. I used a flourish stamp from TAC and stamped it in versamark and embossed with clear ep. Then I sponged on some Palette starry night and matted it on dark blue card stock. The imagine sentiment is from TAC and stamped with the same ink. The faint butterfly is stamped in colorbox ice blue (stamped off once) and then embossed with clear ep. I cut out a thin cuts hinge (sizzix) from the same blue card stock and added it to the end of the horizontal piece, which I also distressed with Palette starry night ink around the edges. So, it's definitely a blue on blue card! Double click on the card to see the faint butterfly. You might have to look hard (LOL), it's a lot better in real life!

I did another small square sketch that I'm really excited to show you all later in the week, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Samm said...

Great card challenge, here's my take on it:

by Samm: Laurie's card sketch #17

Samm
x