Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's a boy

Hi everyone! It's a lazy Saturday and decided to see if I could come up with something to go with the challenge over at Simply less is more. Week 155 theme is "new baby" - Oh My Gosh - It took me at least an hour to figure out that I'm severely lacking in anything to do with baby stamps! What's a girl to do? Get creative!

Sail boat is from Verve and colored with Copic's. I ended up do a bit of fussy cutting to get it to fit among the waves!

Waves are created using the cloud border die from Paper Smooches. I created the white caps using white craft ink and a sponge dauber.

The flag is cut from a Sizzix die and then layered in red. The sentiment is from PTI. To make the flag pole, I used a wooden coffee stir stix and got out the metallic rub-ons and used the gunmetal color to make it look sorta silver. Lastly, added some bakers twine for the rope!

I tired to keep this CAS and not clutter it up. Which could have been done easily with adding stuff for the sky. I think I like it as is - what do you think?

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Too cute! Love the 'rope"!

Chrissie said...

This looks great as it is Laurie...the sea is super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Joni Andaya said...

LOVE IT!!! The colors that you used its gorgeous, and what a cute boat :)

Viv said...

Gorgeous baby card!

Darnell said...

I think you did right stopping there, Laurie. The focus pocus is on the happy news reflected in your awesome flag, which makes this a perfect take for the LIM challenge! And that rope treatment is to die for!! So pinning! Hugs, Darnell