Friday, January 31, 2014

Stencil texture

Hi everyone! I've been out of town in business meeting the last three days and didn't have time to schedule any posts for when I was gone! Now that I'm home, I wanted to post a card that I created using a stencil from Crafter's Workshop.

The stencil is barbed wire and I used a light molding paste made by Golden to add texture. I picked this up at a local art store but I think you can get it at M's, J's or even Hobby Lobby. I love this brand because it's like using a very light frosting - very fluffy and easy to work with.

I let it dry for about 15 minutes and then dusted it with Perfect Pearls. I've also used other mediums to color the white molding paste with wonderful results. Once I go the color where I wanted it I fussy cut around the edges and then attached it to a card base.

Flowers are from Oriental Trading Co. and I die cut the leaves out using dies from Memory Box. Brads are white but colored with a Copic marker to make them a light yellow. Sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs.

Well, it's Superbowl weekend and us Washingtonians are getting jazzed up to root on the Seahawks! Wish us luck! Go Hawks!



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the idea of dusting that medium with the Perfect Pearls. We carry a lot of the Golden brand at our lss where I work. It's definitely a favorite with those that use it.
Your card is gorgeous, btw!!! Enjoy the weekend and the game.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful idea to dust it with perfect pearls, the color is just incredible!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, that background is amazing!