Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Challenge cards

Hello! I wanted to share a few cards that I completed for a few challenges out there. This first one is for Paper Wings Limited Supply Challenge that I host every other week.


The rules were:
1. To make your card square
2. Use a flower(s) on your card - button or brad for the center was ok
3. Use designer paper and one tag
4. Use eyelets
5. Any stamped image

Supplies:
Angelee designer paper and tag from TAC
Stamp - sentiment from Feel Better - TAC, Paletete Burnt Umber ink
Purple card stock from TAC
Flowers colored with Copic Markers
Fern paper punch
Extra larege Eyelets


This next one is a very quick Clean and Simple card for the CAS Birthday challenge over at SCS.
Labels One was used to cut out the card into the shape - it really looks cool IRL as the embossing on it really stands out. Nestabilities rectangles and deckled rectangles used to cut out and layer the image. The stamped images are from Studio G Clear Stamps (those $1 Michael Stamps) and are colored with Copic Markers. A satin ribbon that is tied in a double bow finishes off this little card.


This last one is for the sketch challenge on SCS.
The bird image is from Penny Black, as is the sentiment. The birdies are colored with Copic Ciao markers. The blue polka dot paper is from My minds eye and the yellow from Creating Keepsakes. I ran the yellow through the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder and then layered it with navy card stock. Pale yellow grosgrain ribbon and light blue pearls from Kaiser Craft finishes out the card.

Well, that's it for today! I'm on my way to the dentist for an emergency appointment. I have a impacted tooth that is hurting like the devil - and time to get it looked at. The left side of my faceis all swelled up! Yikes! Thanks for stopping by, and I'd love to hear what you think about these cards.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Barb said...

These are all beautiful, Laurie! LOVE the big bow on the 2nd one, and the coloring on the last one is so pretty!

Sindra said...

So many lovely cards! I like the all :)

fabienne said...

I love the card with the birdies. So cute.

suzann said...

love the first card with the flowers, they really stand out but are not over powerful, great job laurie..