Friday, July 24, 2009

Life is too short

Hi all! I've been dealing with some sad news! My four legged son, Dylan had to be put to sleep on Thursday. We found out that he had a stomach tumor, which was really big and he was just too much of a senior to survive surgery. As they say - Life is too Short! So, I've been trying to keep busy and not think about it, and ended up stamping some.

Here's one of the creations I made.

The chair stamp is from Memory Box. I ended up paper piecing it - several times, until I came up with something I liked. I can now say that I have about 10 different designs of seat cushions for this chair. =)

I ended up using a very old back ground stamp which I had inked up with Memento Summer Sky. Stamped the chair and then cut it out. I colored the coffee cup with Copic Markers and enhanced the steam with a stardust gel pen. I decided to add a few score lines and self adhesive blue pearls to anchor everything down.

The sentiment(s) are from The Angel Company.


Here's a close up picture of Dylan - He was with us for over 14 years, and will be greatly missed! He was a true original!


5 comments:

Chelsea said...

so sorry to hear about your dog ... ours passed over a year ago and it still hurts every now and then ... God Bless!

Suzanne said...

sorry for your loss, it's like losing a child..stay strong.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about Dylan. We had to put our 19 yr. old cat down in April. Very difficult to lose a family member. God bless!

LadybugSue said...

Sorry for your lose of Dylan, just know he is at peace with God.
Good thing we have stamping to soothe our souls. It is a very pretty card.

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh my heart breaks! I am so sorry to hear about Dylan. What suffering you must have spared him from, even though it couldn't have been easy! I am thinking of you!!

Your card is beautiful. I love the details and I am a big fan of paper piecing so love, love, love that!

Hugs,
Bridgett