Thursday, September 13, 2012

Texture

Hello and all the best! Here is a card that came about because of a challenge a while ago about texture.The handmade paper, jute and linen used was my "texture."


The hand made paper is something I picked up in a scrap booking store about 5 years ago and  I've been hoarding it ever since. I layered it with brown card stock to bring out the dark twine in the center. Jute is used to tie on the charm and sentiment tag.

I cut the small heart out of linen and colored it with a teal copic marker. Then I white washed it using the picket fence distress marker. The sentiment tag is also cut out of linen and distressed using vintage photo distress ink. That cool safety pin is another thing that I've been saving for a long time too!

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Linen
Die from PTI for the heart and tag
Jute
Kraft cardstock
Latice border punch from MS crafts
Ivory cardstock
Stamps - PTI
Teal cardstock - Hot Off The Press

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Nice! That mix of textures is perfect, and what beautiful muted colors! Great card, Laurie - beautiful!!!

AmethystCat said...

gorgeous! great textures - that paper is fab!

Tammy said...

Wow, beautiful!