Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Designer Choice Challenge - Hello

Hi everyone. It's time for another challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week our challenge is a Designer Choice Challenge and it's my turn. I would like you to use the following photo as your jumping off point to create a card.  Hope it inspires you.




I used speckled egg distress oxide ink on the top of the card. I applied it direct to paper to match the door on the photo. I liked the ghost of the wreath on the door and added that. I created a bit of shiplap on the bottom of my card using a barn wood planks die from Honey Bee stamps. Martha Stewart punch used for the little flowers and the wreath.  Hello and the keys are stamps from Repeat Impressions. 


The butterfly charm is covering up a "goof" that occurred when I was finishing off this card. Oil from my fingers or some such thing left a darker blob. Instead of starting over, I just covered it up. And yes, those are brads that I used across the top of the shiplap. Had to dig deep into my stash for those. LOL.

 

There's a new challenge every week over at  The House That Stamps Built, and you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link up or win. Also, for my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar.

 

One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month – Good luck!



Also, check out our Rock Star blogs to see what they did with the challenge.

 

Donna   Heather   Joy   Shirley   Patti

 

http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/

http://www.repeatimpressions.com/

 

Thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Your card is gorgeous Laurie, and the butterfly adds to the charm! This was a fun challenge, good choice!

Glittered Paws said...

Such a pretty card - everytime I looked at it I like it better. There is never a mistake in stamping, just a chance to embellish and you did the the little butterfly. Loved this challenge.

Patti J said...

This is so beautiful - I love working with the Speckled Egg! A gorgeous color for sure. Your card was the most perfect take from the sketch! Great job, Laurie, and fun challenge!

Heather said...

This inspiration photo is fabulous and your card nailed it!! So beautiful and an absolutely perfect scene; butterfly and all! Great challenge!