Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Steampunk birthday tag

Hello. Playing in the Monday Simon Says Stamp challenge of steampunk today.




I created the background a while ago and it's been sitting in my stash waiting for me to do something with it. It's made up of antique linen and speckled egg oxide inks. I also added a bit of embossing using one of the Tim Holtz stencils. The fancy baroque one, and also heat embossed it using the speckled egg glaze. 

The steampunk corset is from Inkadinkado. Birthday sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink. Found some cool gears in my stash and adhered it with a brad. Since I had my hardware out, I found a eyelet that matched and used that at the top. Colored the seam binding with antique linen spray stain and tied a bow. Added the dragonfly brad (had to color it black) and then stamped a mini dragonfly on to balance things out. 

As you can see on the bottom photo, the sentiment is also heat embossed over the speckled egg glaze. It came out a bit splotchy, so lesson learned. 

Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments: