Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Live simply - recycled

Hi everyone. It's time for another challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week our challenge is a designers choice - Donna wants to see something that is recycled. I used an old timey shopping bag. I can't remember where I got it, but I've had it in my stash for a while. 




As you can tell, I distressed it with speckled egg and antique linen distress oxide inks.  I stamped the flower (10307-H, Patti's Flower Outline) and colored with with speckled egg, then fussy cut it out. Added some die cut leaves and some twine and adhered it over the jute ribbon.  Added some black pearls for the centers of the flowers.

 

There's a new challenge every week over at  The House That Stamps Built, and you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link up or win. Also, for my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar.

 

One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month – Good luck!



Also, check out our Rock Star blogs to see what they did with the challenge.

 

Donna   Heather   Joy   Shirley   Patti

 

http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/

http://www.repeatimpressions.com/

 

Thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh love this. What great use of an awesome bag. We just don’t get pretty bags like that anymore. Love all of your elements. I just got the new speckled egg ink so pretty.

Donna said...

Such a fabulous card Laurie, I save beautiful bags for this and then don't use them, never again!

Heather said...

This is so beautiful! What a great bag and it makes a fabulous background! The burlap strip and twine are perfect embellishments to go along with it.

Patti J said...

Great idea, using the bag, and decorating it with the flowers...love it!