Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Designer choice - childhood memories

Hi everyone. Happy New Year! It's time for another challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week our challenge is a designer choice challenge. Shirley wants us to create something that sparks a childhood memory.


We traveled a lot when I was growing up - in the camper or trailer. We were always on the road going somewhere. 

I stamped the map, travel sentiment and the date stamp in versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I took out my distress inks and distressed them. The deckled die is from Spellbinders. I created my own geo point using a raindrop and a hole punch. 

There's a new challenge every week over at  The House That Stamps Built, and you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link up or win. Also, for my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar.

One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month – Good luck!

Also, check out our Rock Star blogs to see what they did with the challenge.

Esther
Heather
Joy
Shirley
Patti

http://www.repeatimpressions.com/

Thanks for stopping in!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What an awesome travel card, Laurie! We didn't travel a lot (when I was a kid), but your card reminds me of the tiny little weekender camper we had and occasionally use. My sister and I enjoyed using it as a playhouse most of the time!

Donna said...

What a stunning card Laurie, like all the distressing with ink and the edges of the cardstock. Happy New Year!

Patti J said...

What fun this challenge is! I'm learning SO much about my DT friends!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card, Laurie! I never got to travel much until I was married...now I don't want to stay home! Happy New Year!!! P.S. Your re-addressed Christmas card is in the mail :)

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card to share with childhood memories, we didn't travel much - my Dad was always at work, but have great memories of my childhood. Love the distressing and have not noticed the date stamp before but Love it.

Heather said...

Fabulous card! I love all the distressed edges!