Monday, October 14, 2019

Project of the week - picture frame

Hello. It's my turn to create a project of the week over at The House That Stamps Built. I recently came across my stash of coasters while organizing my stash and thought it would be fun to create a picture frame for my project.

All you need are a few coasters (I used four, but  you can use three), a glue stick, brayer, and something to sand with. I used a nail file and a sanding block.

I used the flower power background stamp (10201-W, Flower Power Background) and heat embossed it with white so that I could blend some Distress Oxide inks onto it. They I glued up the coasters using a good old fashioned glue stick. I then used my brayer to make sure it was good and stuck.

Then cut around the edges and file down. Choose the size of your window and cut with a craft knife or a die. I used a square die to cut mine out.


I lined everything up and punched two holes with my crop-o-dile and hinged them together with ribbon. 

Whenever I'm out and get a coaster for my beverage, I always save them for future projects like this. Lots of fun and very easy to do.

3 comments:

Patti J said...

You never cease to amaze me, Laurie! What a fabulous way to use these drink coasters! Your frame (and photo) are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Glittered Paws said...

Anytime I get to see your fur babies is a good creation. Great idea to use the coasters.

Donna said...

Great POST and your babies are darling!