Monday, May 27, 2019

Project of the week - alcohol inks

Hello. It's my turn over at The House That Stamps Built for project of the week. I played around with some alcohol inks and the lift ink to create these two cards.


I have two lift ink pads somewhere, but they are temporarily lost inside in a box, out in the garage from moving. So, I improvised with the reinker and made my own pad using cut and dry stamp pad felt. Worked like a charm.

I used glossy paper and purple, blue and pearl alcohol inks and randomly spread them across the paper. I also used some ink blending solution to move the inks around until I liked what I had. Then I inked up the Flower Power Frame (10202-Q) and stamped it on the purple background. Then stamp again onto another piece of cardstock. 

I cut a circle out of the center for my Hello sentiment and inlayed it back in with coordinating cardstock. The outer panels are adhered to the card base with foam tape. I really like the clean and simple look of the top one. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: