Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Colorful smooched birthday card

Hi everyone. It's time for another challenge over at The House That Stamps Built. This week our challenge is the ever popular Anything Goes!



I was playing around with Distress Oxide Inks and water color paper and came up with this background that I turned into a card.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and did a little distress and layering with this one. 

I used the following stamps:
5125-C, Dragonfly Sil. (sm
9713-E, Bubbles
6806-U, Sheet Music
Birthday sentiment

Scrappers floss in black used tie it all together along with some Black irResistible embellisher to create the drops. I also used Tim Holtz pen spritzer to add some ink splatters.

There's a new challenge every week over at  The House That Stamps Built, and you don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps to link up or win. Also, for my blog readers: Enjoy the 10% discount code to the Repeat Impressions Store posted on the sidebar.

One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate on the first Wednesday of every month – Good luck!

Also, check out our Rock Star blogs to see what they did with the challenge.

Donna
Esther
Heather
Joy
Shirley

http://www.repeatimpressions.com/

Have fun with this and I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone this week.

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love your awesome oxide background, Laurie! Such a pretty card - your layout is so fun!

Cheri said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! Absolutely stunning bg, Laurie!!! What an incredible card you've created here starting with just the bg. I love it!

Glittered Paws said...

You did very well stepping out of your comfort zone - love the distressing you did and the black thread is perfect. I always think mine looks "messy" when I do that but you have made this look so artistic.

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous Laurie, fabulous background and layout!

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous!! Love that fabulous background, and the distressed edges are perfect!