Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ombre thanks

Hello everyone! Here is my take on the CAS.ology cue card of Ombre.

I due cut the word Thanks from WPlus9 and left it in the cardstock. I used some post it note tape to mask it off so that I could ink it up in several shades of blue ink from Colorbox.  The stamped sentiment is also from WPlus9.

The tag die is from Mama Elephant and is layered with a dark navy cardstock from Bazzill smoothies. Used the largest die from Lil' Inkers to apply the stitching around the card base.

Lastly, I took a piece of white satin ribbon and used B93, B95 and B97 Copic markers to create an ombre effect on it. Tied it on with some white scrappers floss.

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is clean and simple and this is definitely that.

Thanks for stopping in to take a look see. 
Follow on Bloglovin












4 comments:

Patti J said...

Absolutely stunning, Laurie! Love the sheer simplicity of your design, so very pretty!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Teresa Kline said...

hello Laurie! so cute card, I luv the tag..sweet! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Donna said...

Gorgeous sombre tag/card, like how you inbred the ribbon, I bet you start a new trend there! 😊

Judy1223 said...

Laurie, I love the soft blue ombre inking on your inlaid die cut...so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!