Friday, July 13, 2012

Birthday Poppies

Hi everyone!
Happy Friday the 13th! Here's a card that took a few days in the making due to me not knowing what I really wanted to do for the back ground. Trial and error later.....


The poppy stamp is from Gina K Designs Hello sunshine stamp TV kit. I colored the stamp with a marker and misted it with water to create a water color effect. Sentiment stamp is from Papertrey, Ink.

The lighter blue in the back ground was done using a piece of copy paper, ranger distress ink in Stormy Sky and white acrylic paint. I cut the copy paper to size and used the ink pad to swipe across the paper to get an even coverage. Let dry and then I mixed up some white acrylic paint with water and gave it a white wash. I did this same technique using vellum but it kept curling, hence the days in the making comment.

Designer paper and red cardstock is from PTI. I used one of the half and half dies also from PTI to cut the red cs.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Very pretty, love that stamp!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful Laurie! Love how the red makes the card pop!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - love the whitewash bg that you did - and the flowers are very pretty and could stand alone.