Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy bee-lated Birthday

Hi everyone! Here is my take on this weeks Freshly Made Sketch!


Stamps are from The Craft's Meow. The little bee is colored with a Copic marker and then I added some glossy accents to his little wings. Hard to see in the photo though!

I cut the tag using the LifeStyle Crafts die which also has the tabs on it too. Then I ran it through the Sizzix hexagon embossing folder. I did stamp the squiggle fly line before I embossed it, then was able to put the bee right where I wanted it! Added a layer of black cardstock and then tied on the bakers twine.

Designer paper is from Provo Craft. I really like how this turned out - clean and simple!

Thanks for stopping by!


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww....so cute! Great idea, putting that bee right in the honeycomb :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Cute! You've created such a beautiful clean card and I love the fine matting with black - it's so striking! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

So adorable! The bee and the honeycomb embossing are a match made in heaven! Love the pretty black, white and yellow color combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

So, pinning, Laurie! This is a winning card in my book; flawlessly executed, crisp, and delightful!

AB. said...

Adorable & fun!! The bee theme is too cute! Great card. :)

Darnell said...

It's always so fun to pop back with congratulations on a win after the judges agree with me! Well done, Laurie, on the HM honor from FMS!!