Monday, August 29, 2022

Happy Birthday

Hello.  Playing in two challenges today. Let's start with the how I created my own background, which is the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp. I used #66 blue watercolor from Kuretake and dabbed it across some watercolor paper. Then I scrunched up some saran wrap, covered it and let it dry.  Next I added some splatters and some lines using a gift card, which was inked up with the unchartered mariner distress ink pad. 


Birthday sentiment was stamped with versamark and hero arts navy cardstock onto vellum then heat embossed with clear powder. I used detail does from Marker Forte to attach the vellum (highly recommend this stuff - super strong). The dragonfly is from Clearly Besotted and cut from black carstock. The outline is vellum that was colored with an ink pad (I think, it's been in my stash for a while). 

I used the sketch from The Paper Players below - which I modified slightly. 

Thanks for stopping by. 




6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - and I think I might have to try the technique with the watercolors and saran wrap. Water colors and I don't usually play well together. Great card.

Patti J said...

Holy cow, Laurie! This is incredibly beautiful! Love that background! Great job on the challenge, dear friend - hope you are well!

Donna said...

Fantastic card, I've tried this technique and it did not come out as beautiful as your background, I'll have to give it a whirl again!

Jaydee said...

What a wonderful result from that technique. It adds so much texture. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awesome card! Love how you created the background, too. Who knew plastic wrap was so versatile in the craft room? Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!