Thursday, July 9, 2020

Birthday wishes

Hello. Playing in the Freshly Made Sketch #443 today. I created the back ground a while ago and it's just been sitting in my stash waiting for me to do something with it. I brushed on some collage medium onto a piece of 80 lb Neenah cardstock and let it dry. Then I spritzed on some mermaid lagoon oxide spray. I like how it splattered onto the paper, so I left it. 



So, I ended up cutting it up to use for the back ground of this card sketch. It kind of reminded me of a splash of water as the dragonfly landed on it.  

Dragonfly die is from Stampin Up! I cut out a piece of teal velum and added some wink of stella to it. Once it was dry, I stuck it onto the back of the silver dragonfly outline. Birthday sentiment is from Studio Katia.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Amy O said...

This is lovely! I love that pretty background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Neat card! Love your beautifully textured background. Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Your spritzed textured background is fabulous! What a pretty card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Glittered Paws said...

love your background, I have not playing with any distress sprays "yet". And you are right it looks like the dragonfly did land with a splash. Great job.