Friday, March 31, 2017

Just us Girls - code word SEA

Hi everyone! I'm excited and honored to be voted the April guest designer for Just Us Girls. Here is the first challenge for April.



Stamps are from Papertrey, Ink. I've had this little set in my collection for a while and have never used it. Whale is colored with Copic's and cut out using the coordinating die. The waves, sentiment and smaller fish are all heat embossed using fine white embossing powder from Ranger. I used the new Oxide distress inks to create the Sea.

Why not join the challenge this week (or all month long) over at Just Us Girls.

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great take on the inspiration Laurie! Have a great weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Aren't the new inks amazing - I only have one (so far), Congrats on your guest DT gig.

Nancy said...

Love your whale image and that sentiment too! Glad we could help you get your stamp set inky! Have a great day Laurie, and we are thrilled to have you with us this month at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Welcome aboard to JUGS this month! Starting out fabulously with this fun whale~

Chris Dring said...

Such a terrific card! Love that whale image and your ocean scene! Welcome to Just Us Girls! Glad to have your guesting with us this month!

Ina G said...

Super start as our Guest Laurie. Love your whale too and such a great touch with the sea and the little creatures just adds to a fabulous card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

A huge welcome, Laurie! I love your card, that whale is super cute. Your sea scene is perfect!

Judy Woodland said...

Well how stinkin' CUTE. I just love this whale, he makes me smile. So happy to have you with us this month. Your work is amazing and I can't wait to see what you have for us next week. Great take on the challenge!!!