Saturday, December 19, 2015

CAS Birthday

Hello everyone. Here is my take on this weeks Freshly Made Sketch. I kept this one very clean and simple.

I think I did the sentiment banner on this three times because I kept smearing the ink. The flower is stamped on the Xpress it paper, which is smoother for Copic's, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Ended up having to do that with the sentiment in order for me to finish off this card.

Flower stamp is from Hero Arts and the sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink. White cardbase and red pure poppy cardstock is from PTI.

Stitched dies are from My Favorite Things.

That's all for today. Thanks for popping in.














Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

Darnell said...

This is so striking and elegant, Laurie! All that white space, clean lines, and deep red, yummo! I'm sorry it gave you some trouble, but in the end, it's perfect!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Natalie said...

Sorry to be MIA, busy busy... Your cards and holiday tag are wonderful, thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I love red and white, it is so striking and this card is no exception! Have a wonderful Christmas and a great upcoming New Year! Thanks for the inspiration in 2015, can't wait to see what you come up with in 2016! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Linda Callahan said...

Crisp, clean and gorgeous! Love that red flower! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Chanray said...

lovely card! I love the flower!

Donna said...

Gorgeous and fabulous coloring!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! Beautiful card! I love the red and white together! Love the clean background and that eye catching flower! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful card and I love poppies. Don't you hate that "we" are perfectionists!!! Great CAS card.

Small Talk Mama said...

I think this is one of my favorite cards this challenge. I love the design simplicity and the vibrant colors. Together the elements look fabulous!