Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TDS Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Hey everyone! Here is this weeks sketch challenge from The Digi Shack.


Here is my take on it!


Image is only one buck over at The Digi Shack which includes the sentiment. The original image is a set of three ties in a row and the Happy Father's Day on top. I did the sentiment as a stand alone and layered the ties on top of each other to use for the back ground on this sketch.

They are colored with Copic and Marvy LePlume markers. I added the tie tac's (mini self adhesive gold pearls) as an after thought and just love how it looks. I also did a bit of color enhancing to the tie panel using a stipple brush and some creamy brown chalk ink.

So, what do you think? Check out the other DT blogs and see what they came up with for this sketch! We would also love to see what you can do with it! Using Mister Linky's at the TDS blog, link your card so that we can see it and leave you some blog love!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!



Supplies:
Copic Ciao Markers
Marvy LePlume II markers
Brown cardstock from American Crafts
Designer paper from Paper Pizazz
Self adhesive gold pearls from Reflections
Label die from Spellbinders

11 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great card, Laurie!! I love all of those ties.

Lelia Pierce said...

This is great, Laurie! I love the simple statement it makes. Beautiful!

Hugs,
Lelia

stuffie said...

oooooh, i LIKE this one!!!! Love it!!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Laurie,
great tie card! It looks like my hubbys' closet...a man can never have enough ties...I guess it's like a woman and her shoes! lol! I love the added tie tacks that you added,they are a great finishing touch!

Trudy Osborn said...

It is such a fabulous card, love you little tie tacks

Marlene said...

Beautiful! Love the tie tacks! Great idea! :)

Tricia said...

how cute that you put little tie tacks on them!!!! clever!

Glittered Paws said...

Love it - and the pearl tie tacks added that special touch. Great job.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a great masculine card!!!! I love it! TFS

Unknown said...

WOW!! I love the triple digi's what an awesome idea!! Great card!!

Hugs~
Ramona

Amy said...

I love how you did this!! I never thought to repeat it like that!! Great job