Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hinges

Hi all! Here's a quick card I did using the "Hinges" level A hostess set out of Serendipity.


I used versamark embossing ink to stamp the hinges, then embossed with copper embossing powder. I then painstakingly cut them out and used foam tape to pop them up on the card. I used the script back ground for the right hand panel, which is stamped in Versamagic Wheat ink that is pretty much tone on tone with the ivory card stock. The designer paper to the left is from the "Juliette" Soar with it Collection. A brown grosgrain ribbon is run between the two panels and adhered with ScorTape. If you haven't tried ScorTape, I highly recommend it! It works just like red-liner tape, but you can tear it! So much easier to use and just as strong!

All papers and stamps from The Angel Company.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

This is a beautiful card! I think it my favorite of all the ones that I have seen so far with this set.

KellyRae said...

Gorgeous card Laurie! I totally love this layout and color combo.

Bridgett Owens said...

I wasn't sure how the hinges stamp would work but it is awesome here! I love the embossed effect! Super cute!

Sonia said...

Beautiful card... awesome look with this stamp set, i don't have that one. Now i have an idea how look in a card.
**Sony**