Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Card Sketch #92

Greetings! Here's sketch #92....with two examples to show you! This one measures 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 when finished. A little different and the last example is kind of challenging...Cut your card base at 5 3/4 wide by 4 3/4 tall, score at 2" to make a flap on the left side. Add the circle to the center to complete the sketch.
In this example I used a olive card stock (Bazzill) and added ivory circles, which were cut with my nestabilities. The fern stamp is retired image from The Angel Company. I stamped it in versamark down the right side of the card and embossed with clear embossing powder. I think I just might be addicted to heat embossing!!! LOL - any way, the fern in the center of the circle is stamped with pale olive chalk ink from Memories. The sentiment is from Penny Black Salutations and is stamped in Palette Noir. I added a wide strip of olive grosgrain ribbon down the side.

This next one is a challenge.....getting the acetate to stay folded can be frustrating!
In this next example I added a piece of acetate around the whole card. That allowed me to add some additional layers to the panels.
I chose some fall colored card stock from Bazzill to go with our approaching Autumn season! The pearls are self adhesive and are from Kaiser Craft. The main image in the circle is stamped in the faux embossing technique with Memories chalk ink in washed tan and gauzy beige. I used the same stamp on the two inside panels and heat embossed them with clear EP to make them show up more. Leaf stamp is from TAC's deco designs and the sentiment is Live Inspired, also from TAC.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! I'm scheduling this to post while I'm in Alaska on a business trip. I fly home just in time to watch the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute sketch! Love the cards you made.