Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fall colors

Hi all! I just completed this card for the sketch challenge over at SCS (#192) and really liked how it turned out and thought I'd share!










I stamped the leaves in Palette Noir and colored them using my prisma color pencils and blended with OMS. I also added a bit of sky blue chalk ink to the back ground so it wouldn't be so stark white. The distressing is done with a pair of scissors. I used the same stamps for the back ground panels with versamark ink and some clear embossing powder. I really love how they turned out!
I got out my sew mini and added some zigzag stitches to distinguish between the two panels. While trying to figure out what I could add to the side to finish this card off, I ran across these flat disc's that I've had forever - I can't even remember where I got them or who makes them. I just added a few drops of glue to the back and stuck them on. Their antique color goes so well with this color combo!

I hope everyone has a great week!




Supplies:
Stamps are a retired set from The Angel Company
Paper - Bazzill
Ink - Palette Noir and Sky Blue Chalk from Colorbox
Disc's ???

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

I love the fall season and this card is perfect for the autumn! What a great addition using those discs in such an awesome hue to coordinate with the rest of the card! Very pretty!
Hugs,
Bridgett
Angelhood2

AngelCompanyStamper said...

Love the fall colors! Nice job.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card! I love machine stitching and your zig zags add a nice touch to your card. Great coloring, too.

Sarah G.

nic_d said...

Very pretty! This definitely gets me in the mood for fall *and some cooler temps*

Dianette Seda said...

Really nice card and color combo.