Sunday, July 28, 2024

Thank you

Hi all. I'm playing in the Paper Players 700th challenge today which is a sketch.  This is the card that almost wasn't.  I can't tell you how many mistakes I made while doing this. My inner Virgo was having a fit today - thankfully, it all came together in the end.


The leaf dies are from Gina K Designs. I cut them out of white cardstock and colored them with the BG7.3 Olo marker. Thankfully, I had some solid designer paper that closely matched the marker color. I used Linen cardstock from Papertrey, Ink for the card base, which is top-folded.  The thank you sentiment is from MFT and the circle and rectangle stitched dot dies are from Jillian Vance Designs.

The solid leaf is inside the card, which you can see through the circle aperture on the front.  

Thanks for stopping by.




5 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Laurie... I am so glad this card came together for you! It is beautiful. What a wonderful design... I can see it for Thanksgiving already. You set the leaves apart beautifully and the added touch of the stitched circle is perfect. Thanks so very much for joining and sharing your creativity at The Paper Players this week.

Rachel said...

Absolutely beautiful card, the colours and composition are truly stunning!

Donna said...

Glad you stuck with it, it turned out fabulous!

LeAnne said...

Oh, I just LOVE this....this shade of blue is just gorgeous against the neutral background. Those leaves are amazing too! Just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the 700th Paper Players challenge this week!

Jan Clothier said...

This is so elegant! I love the colour you've chosen - it's so restful. The leaves are gorgeous and I love that you've added the circle behind the centre one. Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Players.