Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Happy birthday to you - TSOT644

Hello and welcome to another sketch challenge at Try a Sketch on Tuesdays.  Here is the card I made and the sketch for you to use. 

I used my Canon printer to print the music notes onto a piece of rice paper. Quite frankly, very surprised it worked, and so well. Then I added a bit of distress antique linen ink over it to give it an aged look.  The birthday sentiment is from Poppy stamps and it's stamped in hickory smoke archival ink. I used gray cardstock in two shades to match the music sheet colors on the panel in the sketch.                                                                                   



Sketch



Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the neutral tones with the music paper - terrific card :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great idea printing on rice paper your music sheet using techniques for aging... great job and excellent interpretation of sketch challenge.

Melissa Grant said...

Great birthday card, especially for a male which can be a challenge it's self!

Dena J said...

Beautifully done, Laurie! I love how you've worked with the rice paper. A very elegant look. I just realized that you live very close to me! :-) How have I missed that?

Stamprgrl said...

laurie, loving the papers!


-- Dalis