Friday, December 22, 2023

Christmas lights

Hello. Practicing my watercoloring on this Christmas light card. Thought it came out halfway decent and made it into a card. 


Mei Liang watercolors on Artisto watercolor paper are used on this card. To get the shape, I used a die cut to trace the light bulbs out lightly with a pencil so that I had something to start with. I believe the die is a retired one from My Favorite Things.  I did get a lot of inspiration over on YouTube with many watercolor artists doing the same thing but from scratch. I cannot draw, so that is why I used a die to get me started. The bulbs are good, but I still need a bit of work on how to get the glow below them. LOL. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Adding this into the CAS colours and Sketches. I used sketch #507 but turned it on the side and did not include a sentiment. 

3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome watercoloring, I have water colors but seldom use them, may try and watch some videos this winter. Great job.

Donna said...

Your water coloring in amazing - great shading and highlights on the Christmas lights!

Patricia Hays said...

I think your watercoloring looks terrific! I wouldn't have thought to include the glow from the bulbs, but it's a wonderful attention to detail that you've added. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!