Saturday, December 17, 2022

Peace, love & joy

Hello. The sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches had my creative juices flowing and here is what I did with it.  I will tell you it was challenging for me, too.


I took creative liberties with the sentiment placement and used the house and church as my circles. 

Dies are from Honey Bee stamps. I used a few Copic markers to color the house, window frames, etc.  To get the glow for the church windows, I used a yellow Copic marker on vellum.

Snowfall grit paste used through a stencil to create the snowy scene. The hills are done using dies and foam tape to get a bit of dimension. The sentiment is from Impress cards and crafts. 

I'm not good at putting together small die cuts, so this was a labor of love for me. I had an idea in my head and I stuck with it to the bitter end. LOL. 

Thanks for stopping by. 



3 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous scene Laurie!

Glittered Paws said...

Well I am glad you stuck with it because it is so pretty. Love the windows in yellow vellum - looks like real light shinning.

Karren said...

This is so clever, Laurie, and such a wonderful take on the sketch! I have just got these die cuts and looking forward to having a play with them.