Monday, December 7, 2020

Top hat

Hello. Playing in the The Paper Players theme challenge today. 


I just got this stamp set from the Colorado Craft Company because it had this big top hat that Frosty the snowman wears. Loved it on sight.

I colored this using a lot of different mediums. I started off with Copic markers, added polychromo pencils, then black soot distress ink and highlighted with unicorn white pigment ink. 

I kept the background of this 5 x 7 card simple, using only a snowflake embossing folder and matted it with black cardstock. I wanted the hat to stand out and be the star of the show. 

Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

LeAnne said...

AMAZING! Colorado is certainly getting a name for themselves with these big images, and you did a bang-up job on this one! It looks like real silk...love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Players this week!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

WOW! That top hat looks like you could feel the silk if you touched it! Wonderful job coloring it - and I love how it takes center stage on your simple embossed card front. Thanks so much for sharing your pretty project with us this week at The Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous card Laurie - that big, bold snowman hat makes a great festive statement! Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!