Monday, December 28, 2020

Adventure

Hello, it's my turn over at The House That Stamps Built to do a project of the week. I decided to do something a bit different and went with an adventure theme for my card.


I started by stamping the map, compass and sentiment in archival jet black ink then dipping into vintage photo distress ink that I smooched onto my craft mat. Heat set it and repeated it several times to create layers. Once I like what I had, I cut them out using spellbinders deckled rectangle dies and a circle die. 

Using a finger dauber, I built up the outside edges to create the appearance of burnt edges using distress ink in vintage photo, ground espresso and black soot. 

Added the finished panels onto a Kraft piece of cardstock that I embossed with an embossing folder that reminded me of grid lines. 

I haven't done this technique in ages and thought it turned out pretty cool looking. Ended up being a wonderful masculine card for my stash. 

Thanks for stopping in!

2 comments:

Patti J said...

What a great card, Laurie! You always amaze me with your lovely cards! Masculine cards scare me, but you do an awesome job with them! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Such a striking card Laurie! I like the faux look better than the candle burning we used to do, I only did that one time, at Shirley's and I thought we were going to burn her craft room down. I'll go with your method now-great for masculine cards.