Monday, February 4, 2019

Project of the week - upcycling for a masculine card

Hello, it's my turn to pick the project of the week and this go around I've decided to do a bit of upcycling.  So, here is the definition I found on the subject.


Upcycling:

Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless and/or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.



I saved this paper bag and cut it down to use as a back drop on the card below.



To obtain additional texture on this, I crumbled up the paper bag, unrolled it and then used vintage photo distress ink direct to paper to bring out some of the creases. I then adhered it onto a piece of white cardstock using Distress Collage Medium in vintage. The sheet music stamp was used for the next layer. I tore the cardstock and distressed it a bit too, then painted on some more collage medium. The canvas heart was left over from last weeks card, so I stuck that on here with another die cut for added interest. The vertical "happy birthday" sentiment is stamped onto the back of the paper bag (plain side) and layered with dark brown cardstock. 

The collage medium in vintage brown was really fun to work with. Great glue to get all the bits and pieces onto the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: