Monday, July 24, 2017

Project of the week....3D embellishment

Hello everyone! It's my turn to host the project of the week this time and after starting and stopping so many different projects (my mojo was sorely missing). I stumbled upon some shrinky dink film that had been hidden in my cupboard (isn't it amazing what you find when your looking for something else?) and got the idea to use it to make a card embellishment.

I stamped the large butterfly onto the white piece of polyshrink material with Archival ink. Stazon would be the ink to use here, but I threw mine out years ago. Once dry, I cut around it being careful not to smudge the ink.
Using my heat gun (first warm it up, so it's good and hot) I shrunk the butterfly down. Once it cooled off I glued it down onto the card.

I stamped a bunch of flowers in different colors of purple dye ink and randomly added some leaves to fill the space up. I then popped this up using fun foam onto a purple card base. I used several purple colors of Fabrika Decoru to add some dimension to the flower centers.

Here is a close up of the butterfly.

Stamps used:
5125-C, Dragonfly
10204-D, Leaf Cluster Solid
10207-E, Flower Cluster Solid
9001-L, Butterfly
10306-E, Daisy Solid Small
Plate 8600 - sentiment

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Glittered Paws said...

How did I miss this one love to play with shrinky dink material. The grand kids are here this week so I am going to havve to find where I put mine. Love it.