Monday, February 27, 2017

Life is better in color

Hi everyone. Played around with the sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this evening and this is what I came up with.

Stamps are from Altenew. I positioned the into my Nano and used versamark to stamp them in. Then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.

Then used Faded jeans, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers and pickled raspberry to blend onto the cardstock.

Definitely a different take on the sketch and my normal way of stamping. I don't feel that my distress ink blending is very good. That's why I can't wait for my oxides to get here! But in the mean time.....





 Thanks for stopping by!




9 comments:

tonilea said...

this is an very interesting card. I am curious -- what is a Nano?

Laurie Unger said...

Nano is the mini version of the stampoholic.

tonilea said...

Is that like a Misti? I don't know what stampoholic is either. I am not new to stamping, have been stamping 15 years, but I do not know what this is.

Laurie Unger said...

Yes. It is just like s Misti. Just less expensive.

Crystal Komara said...

Laurie, I think you have done a fabulous job on your take of our sketch with The Paper Players this week. Your sponging is beautiful and I love the embossing on the graphics! Crystal, DT

LeAnne said...

Very cool interpretation of my sketch, Laurie! Eye-catching! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

stampwithsandy said...

Very cool card, love those circle images! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players, Laurie!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic card, Laurie! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!