Saturday, May 7, 2016

Butterflies

Hi everyone!  The sketch challenge over at Sugar Pea Designs caught my eye this week and I decided to give it a go using a some new rubber I just got.  I also paired this with the JUGS word week, which is Butterfly.

The large butterfly is from IndigoBlu. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so that I could color with Copic's.

Die's used: Memory Box small butterfly, Lifestyle crafts small scalloped border die, My Favorite Things fishtail banner from a blueprints 26 and lastly, circle nesties. The embossing folder is from SU.

I used some black IrResistibles to add the tiny dots onto the fishtail tag.
 That's all for today.









Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

This really is lovely, and I love the way you have colored your gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Laurie, love the partial butterfly and the mix of orangeade yellow. Your design is beautiful.
Aileen GD Just Us Girls

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the butterfly theme of the card and the sketch is really nice.

Jeni said...

Lovely card Laurie, love the black and yellow. ~jeni :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

That big butterfly is beautiful! And I love the way you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Jeanne J. said...

Really pretty! The peek of the butterfly inside the background circle makes me want to see more. Beautiful colors!

Lesley said...

Just beautiful! Warm and lovely!Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Bobby said...

Your Copic coloring on the butterfly is gorgeous, Laurie. I love how all the other details work so perfectly together. Thanks for sharing your card at Just Us Girls.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Beautifully done, Laurie! I love that butterfly image and love how you used it. Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs SugarSketch!

LauraJane:) said...

Lovely idea of the larger butterfly in the circle, Super design. Thanks for playing at SugarPea Designs challenge:)

Karren said...

Beautiful card! That big butterfly looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Pea Designs.