Sunday, June 22, 2014

Watercolor flowers

Hi everyone! The theme this week over at Less is More is watercolor. Here is what I made for it.

Flower stamp is from Gina K Designs stamp TV kit called Hello Sunshine. I used Memento markers to color directly on the stamp and then misted it with water to get the watercolor effect. 

The "thanks" is a die cut from the new to me Savvy stamps die that I picked up at Impress. I cut it out of white cardstock then colored it pink using the same Memento marker as the flower. It's a little darker than I like, but it is what it is.

I used the diamond background die from Memory Box to cut out a piece of white cardstock and stuck it behind the main panel. I used a zig glue pen to glue it down with.

That's it for today - back to cleaning and laundry. Thanks for stopping by!
Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Laurie!
Super flower with that watercolour effect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is so beautiful Laurie, gorgeous colours and style.
Thanks for sharing
Sarah
Less is More

Scrapmate said...

A pretty card , I love the die cut background.

Natalie said...

Pretty card, Laurie! I love the darker pink on the die sentiment, it makes it "pop". Love the design of this card!

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous creation, Laurie! Love the colors, the misting technique, and that background die is so pretty! Thanks for sharing ;-)

Kathyk said...

Smashing, love the pretty colours and the embossed background

Kathyk
GDTM Simply Less Is More

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - I haven't done that technique in a while. Love the die cut thanks - the words dies are becoming very popular.

Tammy said...

Lovely card!

Anne said...

Lovely card, the vivid pink with white and green is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer