Sunday, March 30, 2014

LIM - round and round

Hi everyone! I gave the round and round challenge over at Less is More a whirl and this is what I came up with.

I was actually inspired by the quilt that I found on Pinterest seen below. I didn't CASE it 100% but it gave me some ideas on where to start.

Using circle nesties I cut out different sized circles using shades of purple cardstock from Bazzill. To adhere them onto the card base I used K&Company wacky tack.

Flowers are cut from a die from PTI, I also used a Holly die from Sizzix to make the centers of the flowers white. Then I added yellow candy dots from Reflections to it to finish it off. I used a shade purple at first but didn't like the contrast so went with the yellow.

The Hello is from Simon Says Stamp and it was part of a larger saying. I decided to part ways with the other words with a pair of sharp scissors.

Well, that's it for now. Off to clean house and do laundry but hope to get creative in between.

Thanks for stopping by!

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent card Laurie. This card is a good representation of several Amish quilts I have seen. The flowers make it pop.

Craft-E-Place said...

Great card!!
Thanks for the kind comments you left on mine!
Elaine

Lynne said...

Super card and a great case of the quilt.
Lynne xxx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, love the color!

Jan said...

Great card thanks for joining us over at Less is More hope you will join in again next time.
xx Jan GDT

Chrissie said...

What a cheerful looking card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Mistys Mum said...

Lovely card a really good inspiration from the quilt. x