Thursday, October 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop

Hi everyone! I decided to play along in this month's PTI Blog Hop. This month we were challenged to step out of the box and use non-traditional colors for a Holiday project. Here is the color combo I chose to work with. 






Stamps are from the set called Tremendous treats. I used the colors outlined above for all the cardstock on this card. I got out my prisma color pencils to color the bird. The pine stamp in the back ground is from Great Impressions and is stamped in Versamark. I added a bit of sparkle using a stardust pen to simulate a little snow. Dies used: Scalloped border from Quickutz, nesties, PTI and the stitched border punch from Fiskars.

I think this card could so pass for a traditional color scheme. What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate any and all feedback!



8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card Laurie!

Tammy said...

Sweet card for Christmas!

Marybeth said...

Laurie, this is such a cute card! Love your sweet red bird.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card! Love the CAS look and the bird is precious.

Patti J said...

I totally love this card, Laurie! The image is darling, the colors are perfect - you aced this one, my friend! Thanks for sharing :)

Rhonda said...

I need to get this set out. Love the design.

Donna said...

Great card, maybe this will get me rolling for Christmas!!

victoria h said...

Gr8 card - your red bird really pops.