Sunday, October 9, 2011

Orange Butterfly

Hello! I decided to join in on the Flutter By challenge this week since it was an open challenge. Which was good since I think my mojo is missing!


This card has a lot of texture going on. The ivory cardstock is embossed with the leaf folder from Sizzix and the thin chipboard is done with the lattice embossing folder. I embossed it after I cut it out using the labels die, then sponged around it with French Roast pigment ink.

The butterfly stamp comes from Memory Box and is colored with Copic markers. The corresponding die was used to cut it out and it's popped up with foam tape.

The card base is certainly celery (guessing here) from SU. I purchased a bunch of pre-scored SU cardstock off of ebay a few years back and have no clue what colors were included.

Thanks for stopping in!

7 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty card! I love your vibrant butterfly! Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Laurie! Looks like your mojo is just fine :)

Tammy said...

Awesome texture and the butterfly is beautiful! Hope your mojo returns although it doesn't seem to me that its missing.

Michelle said...

hate it when your mojo goes missing...it will return soon. This card is wonderful - love the embossing and that butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week...keep fluttering :D

Danni said...

I love how the butterfly pops off the card! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Michelle VP said...

Love all the texture and how that orange butterfly stands out on your card! Thanks for getting inky with us at Flutterby Wednesday!

Risa said...

Your mojo seems to be intact! I love that embossing folders you used. The ink on the label looks great and your butterfly is so happy in orange.