Saturday, September 17, 2011

Distress faux silk

Hey again! Here's the other faux silk card that I did because I goofed it up in the first place. Always let it dry.....if you don't have the patience, use your heat gun very carefully!

To cover up the green that bled through onto the tissue paper I used antique linen distress ink to add some color. To do this, I added a couple of swipes of the ink to my craft mat, added a few spritzes of water and then used a sponge to lightly distress the panel. I did cut it out using the nestie prior to doing this!

The card base is fine linen from PTI, which I have to say that I've had for along time but have never used. I thought it looked so wonderful when it first came out and when I actually got it, UGH - gross! (giggle). It works well with this though!

The black strip is done using a black Copic marker on post it note label roll tape. If you ever see a roll of it at your local office retail store, pick it up! Great for doing so many household, office and crafty things!

So, which one of the faux silk do you prefer? The original way or the distressed way? I'm kind of liking the distressed one myself. Let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Patti J said...

I think I'm lovin' the distressed version! Paper crafting mistakes are always just opportunities for creating a masterpiece!!! Great job!

Kristie W. said...

This is beautiful, Laurie!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card but I love, love the simplicity of yesterday's card.

AmethystCat said...

gorgeous!!! love this version! shows off the silk look more!

Marlene said...

Oooh, I think I like the distressed one better, too...but they're both beautiful.

LadybugSue said...

Love the seceond one better.
I got all my stuff from V.O. & PTI
and made the primary color card.

Donna said...

Wow Laurie, you have so many beautiful cards posted since I last visited, you've been stamping up a storm, you go girl!

Donna Heber said...

Laurie,

Your faux silk technique is amazing! I will have to spend some time and give this a try. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us.