Sunday, February 14, 2010

Go Green Angel Blog Hop

Go Green
The Angels over at Paper Wings have been charged with creating some GREEN themed projects. From the color green, to St. Patrick's day cards, recycling or re-purposing items, etc. I needed a card of encouragement for my step sister since she's having marital problems and used the color green.

Stamp is from the set "pick of the patch" and it's colored using Copic markers. The labels 1 set from Spellbinders was used to cut the main image out and it's green layer. I also cut the designer paper out with it and then ran it through the scalloped border punch and adhered it to the top. The sentiment is cut out using the tag nestability and attached with a button and scrappers floss.

I think the paper is from HOTP but it's been in my scrap stash for so long that I'm not 100% positive.

If you all haven't heard, The Angel Company is carrying Spellbinders Nestabilities labels 1, 3, 4, 5, 9 and large labels. Fun, fun and more fun!

I really like how this card came out! Very cute and quick to get done! It definitely brought a smile to my step sisters face when she really needed cheering up!

Well, now it's time for you to hop around and check out what the other Angels have in store for you!

Participants:
Shirley
Christine
Rita W

Angela

Rita K
Laurie
(Me)
Chris
Diane

Stacy

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

16 comments:

Angela K said...

OH, so cute!! Love your card, TFS

Anonymous said...

Such a nice card! I really like how you added the patterned paper to the top of the inside label. That's a cool effect. rita w

Christine Pennington said...

Very pretty!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this - I just know it will cheer your step sis up - thanks for sharing.

Bridgett Owens said...

I think this card is so sweet and I love all the elements to it. Great coloring and what a kind gesture for your step sister when she was hurting! You rock!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Teresa Jenkins said...

Great card, this little mouse is my favorite out of this set!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So cute! :)

Chris said...

Nice layout - I hope things work out for your step sister.

Trudy Osborn said...

Oh MY! This is just TOOO cute! I love the little strip across the top of the nestie die cut...again this is so cute

Suzanne said...

Excellent card! I really loved that stamp set. I think I sold it when it was discontinued. bummer!

Julie Robinson said...

love this card! wonderful layout!!!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the way you made the frame with the nestie and scallops!

LadybugSue said...

Love this green card, a good look.

Chelsea said...

cute card ... love the gingham paper!

AmethystCat said...

this is soo super cute! love the colors and how you used the nesties!

Kim said...

oh so Cute Laurie! I love the little bit of green pattern paper that you added to the top of your nestie shape!