Monday, July 16, 2007

Card sketch #5



I think you've only seen three of my sketches, but in truth I've done five of them. These have been fun and challenging for me to do.

Here's my latest design.

I used paper from the amethyst collection from Hot Off The Press, specifically the two purple background papers. The "Dream" paper I ran through my cuddlebug using the stylized flowers embossing die. I used the gradient purple paper for the trapezoids, and my marvy scalloped punches for the centers. The dark purple paper is Bazzill basic's.

The stamp is from pretty posies from The Angel Company. I used my prismacolor pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits to color the image, and popped these up with dimensionals so that they stood out. I also used two different colored brads (both purple) to add further dimension to the ends of the trapezoids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love how you used only parts of the flower. Love it. I am definitely casing this b/c I have all the stuff to make it. Even the embossing folder. Thanks for the idea :)